Wednesday, April 2, 2008

How we met....

Well, if you think God doesn't answer prayers, your wrong..prayers were answered that day. I just went through a hard breakup and went to see my mom. As I was crying, she sat me down and told me we had to pray. She asked God to bring me a soul mate that he had chosen for her. I was only 19 and a wedding was not really on my mind. The next day I had a doctor appointment and came home to find my sister and with her boyfriend. Then, as we were talking, the doorbell rang. I got up to answer the door and as not expecting what I saw I said "Mom there's a Big Black Man asking for Dusska (my sister)". As bad as it sounds, seeing him at the door was a bit of a shock. So he comes in and sits with us and doesn't say a word to me. My sister's birthday was coming and we all decided to get family and friends together to go eat at our favorite restaurant. So my sister's birthday comes and when were all waiting to be seated, my mom and I overheard the "guys" talking saying "let them sit next to each other"....meaning me and my sister's boyfriend's friend and myself. My mom was not too happy about this. My mom and I went to the restroom and when we returned we were being seated and everyone scattered to make sure we were seated together. I remember someone introducing us and we shook hands, but I don't remember much more. We were both pretty speechless. The food was great and then we decided to go to the movies where we were forced to sit next to each other, yet again. I was trying to ask myself what kind of guy I wanted to date..............and black was not one of them. Well, to those of you out there who have mom's that have told you "never say never"......yeah.....So we are watching the movie (which I can only remember parts of--it was Speed 2) and our knees collided...I felt so bad that I froze my leg and didn't move it the rest of the movie. When the movie was over, we were outside saying goodbye, exchanged a few words, and I gave him a hug. As I turned around to walk away, he grabbed my hand and I said "what are you doing?" he said "I don't want to let you go". I know ....awe!! All I can remember is the clothes he was wearing and the scent of his cologne. We started talking a lot and about a month later we were talking about 3am and he asked me to be his girl, I thought to myself "this has to be a sign because it was September 29th, my grandpa's birthday", so I said yes. In the 6 years we dated, it was hard with him going to school and me in and out of the hospital....but we managed to get married and we have been together for 10 years now. So, in my eyes, yes, God does answer prayers!!!!!!!

No comments: