Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Wedding Date 12-27-03



OK, we have every thing ready for the big day. My grandma came down from Panama with my aunt...so it was a big deal for me to have some family from Panama to be here on my big day. Back when we were wedding dress shopping, I was OK with the first dress I tried on. Now, for those of you who don't know me, I am not the type of girl that likes the whole "trying on clothes" thing. So my mom decides to make me try on 6 more dresses. After purchasing the FIRST dress I tried on, we noticed that the flowers looked like poinsettias on the dress. And this was perfect because I was getting married in December at Laue Garden. So the morning of the big day my wake up call was 5am...don't ask ......I take a long time to get ready. My hair appointment was at 7am so my Dad drove to the wedding site.. it was a beautiful wedding day- sunny- not too cold. Unfortunately, the bridesmaids had spaghetti straps dresses in middle of December. So as we all know, weddings never start on time. My makeup lady was a hour late, she said she had forgotten about it after we called her. So, at this point I am still trying to keep my cool. So then I hear that the people that set up the tables in the banquet hall didn't put enough tables. And then it's time to walk down the aisle...you would think the DJ would know what music to play, but unfortunately he did not, so I ended up walking down the aisle to a song I can't even remember with my Dad.. I see all my family and friends that traveled to the wedding. You know that you don't remember you wedding all the way OK, so thank God for a friend who video taped it...and there was a helicopter overhead so no one could hear our vows.....All I can say is it was cold and i was just in a peaceful moment through the wedding..... OK my Bishop did the wedding... I remember taking pictures after the ceremony. The food at the reception was great.. the cake I'm assuming was OK because the only piece I had was when we cut the cake....when I went later to get a piece it was all gone...I do remember our first dance....I finally found a song by Barbara Streisand and one by Brian Adams....The one from Titanic was not a choice.... OK question how you know which one is your song.. the song that was playing during the first kiss, the one when you met, the one from the first movie you saw? OK..I don't know. OK, for the Daddy dance, my dad picked the song so it was country music, my dad's favorite....it was nice because I asked him to pick the song that he wanted to dance to. Everyone seemed to have had fun.. OK, so we went back home to change...and get ready to go, we ended up staying a while before we left for the night...OK you know when someone gives you words of wisdom? During the wedding I got a lot of them...but the precious one and the funniest I will give it to my Grandma , but I won't be sharing that with you because it was rated R!! Let's just say that it involved the words "it'll hurt" and "keep going". I just said OK Grandma and left outside to laugh my butt off...I told Kevin and he said OK! .. We stayed in a hotel for the night. Then, we dove to a football game to seethe Miami Dolphins play... ummm yeah, not too romantic... but that's what Kevin wanted and he had to get back to return to work, as he only had 2 days off. (yeah his job sucked!!!) Well it was nice while it lasted!

No comments: